On 04/22/2014 07:35 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 22/04/2014 12:31, Thom Hehl wrote:

I appreciate the help, but I've been through the tutorials. I've been
debugging the code for tomcat 8.05 and this looks like a defect. It
finds my class in ContextConfig.checkHandlesTypes and then passes it to
Introspection.loadClass(), but the class load fails
Why / how does the class load fail?

and so the class
isn't added to the list of endpoints. This is the exact thing that
happens when I pull the EchoAnnotation endpoint out of the examples
webapp and try it independently. Can I get someone to verify, please?

As an experiment, I downloaded and ran tomcat 7.0.52 and dropped my same war file in. When I did so, I got an exception in the log because an interface I implemented wasn't found. This must be the reason the class wasn't loading.

I'm going to fix this and test again with tomcat 8, but, for some reason, tomcat 8 was eating the exception and not displaying in the log.