Chris,

Whoever you are
>> I am just a relatively novice Java developer. and certainly not as
famous or an expert like
you.

The correct way of doing things is to make re-name your web
application ROOT and deploy it as such. If you want to get rid of the
port number, you'll have to run Tomcat on port 80 instead of 8080 or
86 or whatever

>> Ok. but what if i have to do this for multiple applications on a single
tomcat. I guess tomcat can have only one default ROOT app. right?
>> Also general practice is to run tomcat behind HTTP and not expose it
directly to internet. Please forgive me if my assumptions are absurd

Thanks,
Shailesh.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Christopher Schultz <