> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I will give you the example which we use
>
> Application1 is deployment in tomcat and up and running. We want to install
> application2. Following are the steps:
>
> Stop Tomcat
> Install application2 vial RPM install to tomcat Webapps directory
> Start Tomcat
>
> We have some issue in bean initialization through Spring applicationContext
> during startup. So application deployment fails. In this case Tomcat don't
> start for us.
>
> If I understood correctly from the answer that it should not be this way.
> Tomcat should start with application1.
>
> Please let me know if I am missing anything here or something we can check
>
> With Regards,
> Nitin
>

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 23/04/2014 04:40, Nitin Kumar wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We are using tomcat 7.X for our project. So far we deploy only one
>> > application in tomcat.
>> >
>> > Now we are planning to deploy one more application with existing one.
>> >
>> > There is requirement that failure of deployment of new application should
>> > not affect existing application deployment and tomcat startup. As per my
>> > understanding, If any application deployment fails, Tomcat startup will
>> > fail.
>>
>> You understanding is not correct.
>>
>> > Please let us know if there is any way to start the tomcat in case of
>> > failure of one application deployment also.
>>
>> That is the default behaviour.

1. Tomcat won't start if you use the wrong and deprecated way of
"deploying" the web application via adding it into server.xml file.

In such configurations Tomcat is not protected from deployment errors
and will fail to start.

2. The rules:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
-> 6.  Do not top-post

Also see "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" link on the same page.
Not much can be said without knowing the specific error that you are
observing.