Thanks for your response. No. I am not allowed to use cron :-)

One thing I have been asked to look at is nodes co-ordinating by sending
events to each other.

But again I am wondering how coordination would take place in case  one
node goes down. In that case, when it is started again and becomes a part
of the cluster, it would try to start services that shoukd run
periodically. But its intervals woukd be out of sync wit rest of the
clusters.

Regards,

Suhaas
On May 20, 2014 9:11 PM, "Christopher Schultz" <ch...@christopherschultz.net>