> You have a blocking AJP connector (BIO) with maxThreads of 250.
> Therefore that connector can support a maximum of 250 connections. You
> have httpd with MaxClients 1536 and - since AJP uses persistent
> connections - you have httpd trying to create up to 1536 persistent
> connections. The first 250 attempts will be fine. Attempt 251 are going
> to fail.

As I mentioned above this is our staging environment. We have 2 apache httpd
servers serving 8-10 tomcat applications. This is running fine for past 3-4
years with  Tomcat 6. We have upgraded one of those 10 applications into
Tomcat 7 and now we are facing this Tomcat hung state on that 7.x instance.

At a high level is there any direct relationship between maxThread from
Tomcat with  ServerLimit and MaxClients from httpd.

Assume that we configure 250 maxThread for all those 10 Tomcat instances,
what will be the ideal value for ServerLimit and MaxClients? Is it like 250
X 10?

Pradeep GM