On May 21, I installed the windows service version of tomcat 8.0.5 in
order to test an application which required it.
I installed the version that creates a windows service named Tomcat8

I subsequently discovered the application was tested with tomcat7 so I
removed the service using "[CATALINA_HOME]\bin\service.bat remove"
The following day, when I started my PC I encountered a startup error
popup saying "The specified service does not exist.  Unable to open an
installed service named Tomcat8"

I reinstalled the service using "[CATALINA_HOME]\bin\service.bat install"
and then uninstalled it using the command "[CATALINA_HOME]\bin\tomcat8
//DS//Tomcat8" as documented on the tomcat website at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html
("Removing Services")

When I restart my PC, I still encounter the error popup message.

I used MSCONFIG to look for a phantom startup request for Tomcat8 but it
did not seem to be present on the list of start-ups.

Can anyone suggest what else I can do to expunge the Tomcat8 service ?
Thanks
Gerry Matte