Hi

I have a simple WAR based web application that uses lucene created indexes to provide search results in a xml format, the location of the indexes (outside of the war) are referred in the web.xml.

It works fine locally but I want to deploy it using Elastic Beanstalk within Amazon Webservices but for it to work I need the data files within the war, then I can allow EB to create new instances when load balancing/scaling and it will work because the data fields are included in the war at deployment time. I have checked that EB does unjar the war so that when my code comes to use the files they will be real files not still contained within the War.

With that in mind where could i put the data files so they not considered by tomcat as java classes , and supplementary question how do I modify my pom file to do this with maven

much thanks Paul