I want to make the connection alive from tomcat to the db server. As of now
connection is getting closed / terminating might be due to network or idle
connection.

Following is my configuration.

<Resource name="jdbc/DB_NAME" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://IP:PORT/DB_NAME"
        username="" password=""
        maxActive="100" maxIdle="20" maxWait="30000"
        removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="120"
logAbandoned="true" />

 <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

I want to ensure that my connection should be alive and henceforth, I have
added following parameter in above Resource configuration.

validationQuery="SELECT 1"
testOnBorrow=true

However, after searching many forum says that you should add below
parameters too. Please advise on it.

testOnReturn=
testWhileIdle=
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis