Hi,

Did some further search on this and came across the API document for
modeler where an excellent HowTo is given...The only code missing further
to what i had written was to bind the MBean with the registry which is done
using below fragment

    URL url= this.getClass().getResource
      ("/com/example/mbean/mbeans-descriptors.xml");
    Registry registry = Registry.getRegistry(null,null);
    registry.loadMetadata(url);

The detailed information with steps can be found @
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/modeler/package-summary.html
(The Registry API needs to be updated in the document as it still
refers to a no arg method)

Now my I am able to register my MBeans and retrieve them.
Programatically i see that the custom MBean is registered with the
PlatformMBeanServer.

However the MBeans still do not show up on JConsole but accessible in
the Registry.. Any ideas why ?

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thank you!

Regards,