-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:26 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Websocket impl limits message rate?

On 12/08/2014 13:14, André Warnier wrote:
> Messinides, Mike wrote:
>> Tomcat 7.0.54/JVM 1.7.0_51-b13/Win2008x64
>>
>> I have a websocket server endpoint in Tomcat and a Tyrus 1.7 client.
>> When I try to send text messages from the Tyrus client to Tomcat, it
>> appears that messages get dropped when sent at a rate greater than 1
>> every ten seconds.
>
> I cannot comment on the base issue, but it seems that you should be a
> bit more specific here, about how you are determining this.  Why do
> you think / how do you know, that messages are being dropped at the
> Tomcat level ?
>
>  Is there configuration that limits the rate of messages from clients?
> Couldn't find in docs and I don't see it in source, but suspect it
> might be DOS prevention.

Nope. We have unit test that sends 1000's of messages per second. There is no
such limit on the Tomcat side.

Mark

Thanks for the quick replies.

I did not determine that Tomcat was the cause. I tried Wireshark to see if
messages were being emitted but not consumed, but didn't have much luck
decoding the frames.