what version of java COMM are you using ? Plus it would help to know why you are accessing a serial port through tomcat server ?

vrinda ullas wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: vrinda ullas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:52:58 +0530
Subject: commapi using TOMCAT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I want to communicate with a microcontroller connected to the serial
port of my computer.
*I am using the following:
Windows 98 operating system
Tomcat web server 4.1

*The directory structure is as given:
Tomcat 4.1/webapps/myjsp/web-inf/classes/remoteservlets.
I have placed my jsp files in my jsp folder and classfiles in remote
servlets folder.

**my java program has compiled correctly.**
** my simple java application which accesses the serial port works fine.***
*when I start tomcat I am able to access the sevlet as the servlet
responds with the button name i have pressed.

**** I have also tried the following
Copied file comm.jar in <JAVA_HOME>\jre\lib\ext
Copied file javax.comm.properties in <JAVA_HOME>\jre\lib
Copied file win32com.dll in <JAVA_HOME>\lib and also in
c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\system