-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Schumacher [mailto:felix.schumac...@internetallee.de]
Sent: Thursday, 4 September 2014 3:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: web.xml authentication and Tomcat Realm

On 4. September 2014 05:35:42 MESZ, "Dalecki, Janusz" <jdale...@tycoint.com>
wrote:
>Hi,
>I am just wondering whether somehow I can use web.xml <login-config/>
>to point to the Tomcat JDBC Realm that I am using.
>Are those two completely disjoint or I can link them together.
They are disjoint.

web.xml is for the developer who has (almost) no knowledge of the context
(environment) in which his application will run.

context.xml (or equivalents) is the tool for the administrator to provide that
knowledge to the application.

Regards
Felix

>Regards,
>Janusz
>
>________________________________
>
>This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
>for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended
>recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not
>disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information
>contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
>notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this
>e-mail and its attachments.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
It might be silly question, but if I use web.xml login-config element – where
do I specify password?
I am probably missing something.
Regards,
Janusz