Hi Lessie

Bugzilla is not a Java based  Web App, it is build Perl/CGI, therefore you
need a web server which can parse these requests, map and execute them.
Recently JBoss announced JBoss Web which allows you to do exactly that
along with running Tomcat.
You can also run PHP and .Net.
Have a look at:
http://labs.jboss.com/portal/index.html?ctrl:id=page.default.info&project=jbossweb

Hopes this helps.
With Best Regards
Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Lessie Zoa     |
|         |           Mitch"          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           aii.rr.com>     |
|         |                           |
|         |           25.05.06 05:52  |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Tomcat Users|
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                                     |
  |        cc:
                                                                     |
  |        Subject: Istalling Bugzilla on Tomcat
                                                                     |

  |Distribute:

  |Personal?               |-------|

  |                        | [ ] x |

  |                        |-------|

Greetings everyone.

I am relatively new and loving Java—Tomcat—Linux—all of it! But being new,
well… please bear with me if I ramble…

Situation:

Due to the nature of our ecommerce software, we do not run Apache.

I have only found one other post here regarding a Bugzilla on Tomcat
install, and the response was most disappointing—as well as a few years
ago.

So, I present the question again…

Has someone tried to install Bugzilla on a straight Tomcat server?

Our box serves 5 separate IPs

  3 are ecommerce sites

  1 is an ftp area

  1 is for development and tools, such as Bugzilla.

I intend to use Bugzilla to help track issues on each of the ecommerce
websites as well as development bugs for new ecommerce solutions.

Complete Environment:

  Linux 2.6.9

  MySQL 5.0.20

  Tomcat 5.5.16

  Bugzilla 2.22 (this is what I want!)

Bugzilla’s ./checksetup.pl ran well and I installed the PERL stuff it
needed. J

Then I went to activate the cgi components of Tomcat.

I have read through the files and did uncomment the cgi servelet and
mapping in the web.xml for Tomcat, then realized that is a global setting –
I only want it to work for Bugzilla. So I went ahead and created a WEB-INF
directory, made a new web.xml. I also set up a context file in the
CATALINA/hosts as I did for my ecommerce sites.

But I am confused. Bugzilla is cgi… will the Tomcat even recognize it?

My Tomcat manager does see the Bugzilla directory as I placed it in the
MYDIR/ipstring/webapps directory, however it does not run (obviously, is
not Java!). When I try to “run it” I get this:
FAIL - Application at context path /bugzilla could not be started

Ok, I can deal with that as Bugzilla is not java.

I go to my webbrowser, and it does not come up.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I seek a more java-esq bug tracker?
Is there one?

Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo.

LessZoa

Lessie Zoä Mitch
WebMaster
SSH - OSS - BS - MOSS
815C Waiakamilo Rd.
Honolulu, HI  96817
PH-(808) 847-4017
FX-(808) 842-1233
www.SafetySystemsHawaii.com
www.OneShotSupplies.com
www.BrandySigns.com

To see things in the seed, that is genius.
                                                --Lao-Tzu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
information.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply

LEGAL DISCLAIMER. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are strictly
confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a
named recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying
to this email inserting the word "misdirected" as the message and delete this
e-mail from your system.