On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Miguel Pereira <miguelaperei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you very much Dan,
>
> I looked at the links and noticed I am running tomcat 7 locally and 6 on
> our DEV environment.
> I also noticed that copyXML is present in the documentation for tomcat 7
> and defaults to false.
> Finally
> "
> In an individual file at /META-INF/context.xml inside the application
> files. In Tomcat 6 this file is *automatically* copied to
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ and renamed to application's
> base file name plus a ".xml" extension. (This automated copying became
> *optional* in Tomcat 7).
> "
>
> Would you happen to know if it is possible to achive the same in tomcat 6?
> ( We will not be upgrading for a while )

I think the obvious solution would be to remove META-INF/context.xml from
your WAR file and put any config there into another context configuration
location, assuming that is an option for you.  What is your rationale for
not wanting it copied?  i.e. what is the problem that copying it causes?
 Maybe there is another way to resolve that problem.

Dan