Ok so here is the problem I have been spinning my wheels on for day let me
just lay it out.

I have a daemon written in java running lets call it foo for simpleness on
a linux machine that has the tomcat server running. On the tomcat server is
a WAR file for a webapp called bar. In that webapp is a webpage with
JavaScript websocket communication that connects to a websocket server that
is also a part of the WAR file. So I have a webpage and a websocket server
communicating with each other.

I want the foo daemon and the websocket server on bar (web application) to
be able to communicate with each other. Is there any way outside of sockets
to have foo and the websocket server on bar do this?