Hi,
We have a requirement to read the PID file created by the Tomcat server
process on Windows, but we are not able to using RandomAccessFile or
FileInputStream because the file seems to be locked by the Tomcat process.

Why does the Tomcat server keep the PID file locked, preventing other
processes to even read the file? Is there a work around or solution for
this problem?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Regards,

Anilkumar Ambati
 4205 S Miami Blvd

WebSphere Virtual Enterprise Development
 Durham, 27703-9141
Phone:
+1-919-254-6152
 USA
Mobile:
+1-919-434-5674

e-mail:
aamb...@us.ibm.com

"You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you
ought to accomplish." -Richard Feynman (1918-1988)