Hi Fabio,

There seems to be an issue with update 40 Early Access release of
jre/jdk8(1.8.0_40). Compared with update 20 of jre/jdk8 release, you will
see following lines of code has been added to getPlatfromMBeanServer:

            *for (final PlatformManagedObject o :*
*
 ExtendedPlatformComponent.getMXBeans()) {*
*                if (!platformMBeanServer.isRegistered(o.getObjectName()))
{*
*                    addMXBean(platformMBeanServer, o);*
*                }*

But if you look into the accompanied rt.jar of the jre, this newly
introduced class(*ExtendedPlatformComponent*) can NO-WHERE be found.

This issue, seems to be there across all the JAVA_VERSION="1.8.0_40" EA
release, irrespective of platform.

Your remedy is to move back to a stable release. Latest stable release
seems to be Java SE 8u25
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html>
.

Regards,