Hi,

I am attempting to run a simple RESTful service on
Tomcat 7.0.57 on Linux 2.6.32-504 with Jersey 2.13, JDK 1.7.0_71. I
have deployed Apache and it starts Ok. I have deployed the compiled
clases the WEB-INF/classes and copied the Jersey libraries to
WEB-INF/lib. The web.xml is configured. However, when I attempt to start
 the tomcat the restful resource errors with the following error

SEVERE: Servlet /resttest threw load() exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
       org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer

at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1720)
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1571)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:506)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:488)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:115)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1148)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1087)

I have also expand the Jersey jars into the classes directory and I still get
the ClassNotFoundException.

I have deployed the same test on Windows 7, Apache 6.2 and Java 7 and it runs
Ok.

Any pointers will be welcome.

Thanks

Jason