Sandip,

On 1/3/15 12:37 AM, Sandip Gaikwad wrote:
> * Are you sure there are no other JkMounts?* Yes. There are no
> other JKMounts.
>

> * What is your DocumentRoot set to? Do you have any Alias
> directives that are pointing into CATALINA_BASE/webapps?* In which
> file should i look these. I haven't set them.

httpd.conf, or anything that has been included by httpd.conf.

> *I don't see any actual problems so far, but there's still room
> for "alternative" configuration. What's in your "webapps"
> directory?*
>
> *tomcat installation default folders (like  docs, host-manager,
> manager, ROOT) and jenkins, example2* I am able to access apache
> using url http://localhost I am not able to access any tomcat apps
> using urls like http://localhost/jenkins or
> http://localhost/example2 But when i put port number in url i can
> access urls like http://localhost:8080/jenkins or
> http://localhost:8080/example2 I short, I am expecting access
> http://localhost/jenkins

Oh, of course. If you use http://localhost/example2 then you will get
404 (or whatever). If you add a port number, you're accessing CHADIS
directly and therefore the JkMounts you've put into httpd.conf have no
effect whatsoever.

If you want to use Apache httpd as a reverse-proxy, then you should
use it and not circumvent it by using the port number to hit Tomcat
directly.

If you don't want those other webapps to be available even when using
port 8080, then remove them from your webapps directory.

Another option would be to remove the HTTP <Connector> from server.xml
so you can only access web applications via AJP. But remember that the
user is still under no obligation to go through your reverse-proxy
unless you configure your network appropriately.