I need the ability to examine the POST data from a request, examine it, and
either respond to it or close the connection without returning any result, not
even a 200 OK status.

The reason for this is because I’m getting overwhelmed with thousands of
invalid requests per second, which are racking up bandwidth fees. The requests
can’t be traced to an IP address, so I can’t just block them in a firewall or
Apache - I need to actually use logic in my Tomcat app to figure out which
requests to respond to.

Is there a way to force Tomcat to just drop the connection and close the socket
without sending a response?

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works