On 1/26/2015 1:41 PM, Frank Lugalla wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hi  Guys I am  trying  to install  Tomcat7 in my computer  without
> success, I have tried to set up  and go through every bit where it
> goes  wrong as seen  below without much success. After startup, the
> default web applications included with Tomcat will be available by
> visiting:
>
> http://localhost:8080/       But When I go there I  can't  seem to
> find a webpage. Please I am helpless  can  anyone please  help
> here?
>

> [cid:image001.png@01D0397E.82FE70C0]
>

> This message and the information contained herein is proprietary
> and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you
> may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

Hi Frank,

And now I have lots of questions:

1. What exact version of Tomcat 7?
2. Do you have a JRE installed?
3. What version of the JRE do you have installed?
   a. include if it's 32 or 64 bit
   b. people often install both on a 64 bit machine
4. Is the JRE executable on your PATH?

5. Are you trying to install the service?
6. Do you have administrator rights to your machine if you're
   installing the service?
7. Did you try the following?
   a. download the appropriate zip file matching your JRE (32 or 64 bit)
   b. Unzip the file in your documents directory
   c. double-click on startup.bat in apache-tomcat-7.0.xx\bin

The list strips most (if not all) attachments. Some of these questions
may have been answered by your screen shot, but that was not copied
along with your message.

Go try item 7 above, and report in text (not HTML, not graphics) what
is going on.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

---