On 1/28/2015 2:03 PM, Hyder Hashmi wrote:
Hi,

I am working on a small project and need your help in this.

I have a java program in which I read and write in a file that is located in
the current folder.

Now I have written a few servlets and trying to use the previous code along
with servlets.

Tomcat is searching for the file in its bin folder and giving
FileNotFoundException.

To Tomcat, the /bin folder is it's current directory.

If I use my java code without the servlet it is checking for the file in
current folder (which is my requirment).

It looks like you need to refactor your code to allow you to specify where to find the file when you call the method that does the work. Then the servlet and your pure java code can both specify as needed. Of course, a servlet may not have permissions to anything outside of its own hierarchy, but that's a separate issue.

I want to ensure that when I use my java code along with servlets, it should
read and write in the file from current folder(Project folder in tomcat's
webapps).

I am not using any IDE, the  code is written in Notepad and being executed from
CommandLine.

I have spent long time on Internet to find the resolution but in vain.

Request to help me with this situation .

Hoping for a positive reply.

Thanks for in advance for all the help.

Regards,
Hyder.