Jammy,

On 1/29/15 11:02 AM, Jammy Chen wrote:
> Thanks for replying, I understood this is old, our product has
> already upgraded to latest version, but somehow, some of our users
> are still in such old stage, they do not plan uptake now but they
> want disable SSL V3 as everybody know this is big security
> vulnerability.
>
> *so now the important thing is how I can disable SSL V3 on Tomcat
> 6.0.18.0? I cannot find the solution*

Okay, here's the deal: from your perspective, the documentation on
Tomcat's site is all out-of-date (into the future) because you (or
your customers) are using an ancient version of Tomcat.

The best solution is to tell your customers that you don't support
your own product on that version of Tomcat any longer. I love that
line of crap when it works to my advantage. Anyhow...

The "sslEnabledProtocols" configuration attribute was added in Tomcat
6.0.38, well after your 6.0.18 version. Before that, it was called
"sslProtocols" and/or "protocols". Give those a try.

(Also, there was a bug in the NIO HTTPS connector specifically that it
does not recognize the "sslEnabledProtocols" configuration attribute,
but that bug was introduced along with "sslEnabledProtocols" in 6.0.38
and fixed in 6.0.43, so the whole thing is moot as far as you are
concerned. The "protocols" attribute should work.)

I posted some code to this mailing list a while back that will probe a
server to discover that types of connections and ciphers it will
accept. When you configure your server, consider trying that to see
what kinds of connections are possible. Note that it's limited to what
version of Java you are using *for the client* as well as the server.
So, with Java 1.6, you will not likely have TLS 1.2 available, and
many ciphers that the server may support under a newer JVM might not
be available in 1.6.

I would recommend running the latest Java version you can for the
client in this case, because it will be able to try the most options
against the server.