Rory,

On 1/30/15 11:01 AM, Rory Kelly wrote:
> I apologise in advance if the formatting is absolutely terrible.

Actually, it was totally readable ;)

>> Are you using cookies for session-tracking?
>
>> Can you watch the HTTP conversation to see what's being sent back
>> and forth during that workflow? LiveHttpHeaders is great for
>> Firefox, and these days Chrome, Firefox, and IE have something
>> similar built-into them.
>
>> From the looks of it, the cookie is storing the session ID.
> Server - nginx/1.6.2 (Ubuntu) Date - Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:52:35 GMT
> Content-Type - text/html;charset=utf-8 Transfer-Encoding - chunked
> Connection - keep-alive Cache-Control - no-cache, no-store,
> must-revalidate, max-age=0 X-XSS-Protection - 1; mode=block
> x-content-type-options - nosniff x-frame-options - SAMEORIGIN
> Set-Cookie -
> ib=da7f36e0f53827383a262940d2f75fcef8bbb32b57bd3fced7149ae6a8bf4e3a;
> path=/; expires=Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:57:35 -0000; HttpOnly
> Content-Encoding - gzip Everything in the HTTP requests seem fine,
> except the response from my POST at the Challenge point, where,
> instead of a 200, I'm receiving a 302. This is what tipped me off
> that it was the session that was causing the issue.

This is only one response from the server, and it's not clear what the
request was. Can you post:

1. Request to protected resource (and response)
2. Request to login page (and response)
3. Request which is the submission of the login form (and response)
... and it sounds like here is where the session is lost
4. The next request, which evidently has lost the session (and response)