I agree with Leon. That said, a service account with low privileges
only gives filesystem protection ; interesting data is usually stored
in the database and you won't be more protected against SQL injections
or even against a modified jsp stored by the hacker (like in some old
STRUTS vulnerabilities).
If you can't buy a real WAF, you still can configure Apache with
ModSecurity or even try the LUA experimental module (
http://blog.river-tiger.com/cheapest-application-firewall ) but don't
expect high performance with it.