On 16 Mar 2015, at 11:48 AM, Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <thusit...@wso2.com>
wrote:

>>> ERROR {org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher} -
>>> Servlet.service() for servlet bridgeservlet threw exception
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at
>>>
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldResourcePath(JspCompilationContext.java:536)
>>> at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:410)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:469)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1430)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:139)
>
> <snip/>

>>> If we knew which version of Tomcat 8 you were using, someone could look
>>> at the relevant source code to try to figure out what was going on.
> I'm using tomcat version *8.0.20*

Browse to the sourcecode of v8.0.20 of tomcat here:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc8.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_0_20/java/org/apache/jasper/JspCompilationContext.java?view=markup

The lines you want look like this:

535     public TldResourcePath getTldResourcePath(String uri) {
536     return getOptions().getTldCache().getTldResourcePath(uri);
537     }

Obviously either getOptions() or getTldCache() is returning null.

Reverse engineer the source to find out which, or stop the code in a debugger.

Regards,
Graham
—