Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Please find inline answers.

On 3/18/15 5:39 AM, Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne wrote:
>> I'm in the process of migrating embedded tomcat 7.0.59 application
>> to Tomcat 8.0.20. Tomcat is been bundle as a OSGI bundle. First I
>> get a NullPointerException when trying to access the server home
>> page. I fixed that manually setting an empty TldCache instance in
>> the context as follows
>>
>> [snip]
>>

>> Now it is not throwing the NPE. but instead of that I'm getting
>> following exception
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
>> http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles cannot be resolved in either
>> web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:55)

>looks like you are missing the Tiles JAR. Is it located in your
>WEB-INF/lib directory?
These jar files are located in a folder called plugins. We are reading them
from our JarScanner

>> I'm also using a extended JarScanner as follows

>> public class CarbonTomcatJarScanner extends StandardJarScanner{

> Without trying to read and understand all this code, can you explain
> why you are using your own JarScanner instead of Tomcat's? Perhaps
> there is a way to do this where you don't need to write your own
> JarScanner.

According the servlet 3.0 spec, tldScanner classes are picked up
during web-app load phase from
the classPath using SPI mechanism. Normal sequence is to scan;
 - WEB-INF/lib
 - parent URL classPath
However with the BundleClassLoader being the parent classLoader of
Tomcat web-app classLoder, it fails to pick up
TLD scanner references reside in plugins directory. That is why we
have used a our own JarScanner

>> It seems that this is relate to JarScanner. Can someone tell me
>> what I have done wrong here? Or a way to fix this? Is this occur
>> because I set TldCache manually?

>I'm curious as to why the TldCache isn't being set up correctly in the
>first place. In your other recent thread ("NPE in
>JspCompilationContext.getTldResourcePath"), there were a couple of
>questions from the community that it doesn't look like you have
>answered. Perhaps answering those might help you solve both problems
>at once.
I'm not so quite sure about that. I manually set the TldCache and manually
added the JasperInitializer to the StandardContext
to get rid of the NPE
I will try to answer the an answered questions in other thread.

Thanks
Best Regards
/Thusitha