On 19/03/2015 16:00, Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having an extended StandardJarScanner to scan for jar files which are
> located in a custom location. In tomcat 8 Jar scan filters have been
> introduced. Is i possible to scan my custom location without extending the
> StandardJarScanner in Tomcat 8?

That is not the correct approach. The Jar scanner is not intended (and
probably won't work) to be used to add JARs to your classpath.

If you have additional JARs they need to be added to the web application
and via WebResources the JarScanner will treat them just like any other
application JAR.

> In the [1] it say that we can specify comma separated jar files for
> tldlibraries and pluggable features.
> Is it possible to specify a directory rather than separate jars?

No. That is a list of file names to use for filtering, not a list of
locations to scan.

Mark