Dwarak,

On 3/26/15 10:54 AM, D, Dwarakesh wrote:
> We have deployed perl code in tomcat 7.0.27

Upgrade. There's bad stuff lurking in those old versions. 7.0.60!

> and when running the URL, we are getting the perl code displayed
> in the UI itself.
>
> The below changes were made in tomcat:
>
> 1)      ../tomcat/conf/Context.xml
>
> è Added <Context privileged="true">

Stop.

> 2)      ../tomcat/conf/web.xml
>
> è Uncommented the servlet code for cgi

Stop. Go back and undo that change.

> 3)      Also added the servlets-cgi-4.1.36.jar under ../tomcat/lib
> directory.

Stop. Go back and undo that change.

Where in the world did you get that JAR file, anyway? Are you
following some "CGI on Tomcat Guide" from 2004?

> Do we need to do changes in server.xml or other files . Please let
> us know how to resolve this issue.

You should only be editing META-INF/context.xml and WEB-INF/web.xml in
your own web application. Otherwise, you are enabling CGI for every
web application deployed to the container. Even if you only have a
single application, you should change the configuration to be
app-specific. Otherwise, you'll never remember having edited the
site-wide configuration on your current environment when you want to
move the application to another environment.

Start over, and read this before you start:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/cgi-howto.html