Hi.

I have a question of my own.

Tomcat 6.x/7.x/8.x.

Until now, we have been using mostly the Apache httpd mod_jk connector to
Tomcat.
And we have been using the Tomcat AJP Connector's 'tomcatAuthentication="false"' setting, to "propagate" the authenticated user from httpd to Tomcat.

Now we have a case where we must use the Apache httpd mod_proxy_ajp connector instead of mod_jk, and I want to make sure that the working of the AJP Connector's attribute "tomcatAuthentication" remains the same in that context.
Does it ?

And do we have to specify anything special in the httpd configuration for mod_proxy_ajp to make it so, or is the authenticated user always passed to Tomcat by default, as seems to be implied here :

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html
Attributes
?remote_user    0x03    String

Thanks