Germán,

On 4/15/15 7:22 AM, Germán Biozzoli wrote:
> We have been using a very well know instittutional repository app (
> DSpace 1.7x)  for almost 2 years working over Windows 2008 / Tomcat
> 6 wihout so many problems. After upgrading the platform to DSpace
> 5.0 and deploy Tomcat 7.59 has appeared a problem that is very
> difficult to follow and encounter a solution.
>
> Once time a day, Tomcat dies. Without any log error in catalina.out
> and/or dspace's log. From time to time a minidump core dump
> appears, saying that the JRE has died. It seems to be a problem
> with:
>
> ---------------- Stack: [0x000000000b790000,0x000000000b890000],
> sp=0x000000000b88c850, free space=1010k Native frames: (J=compiled
> Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code) V
> [jvm.dll+0x41e443]
>

> Current CompileTask: C2:51688949 4997   !
> org.dspace.app.xmlui.utils.XSLUtils::shortenString (182 bytes)
> -----------------------

That is a crash in the JVM. It may be caused by a bug in the JVM, or
by some other native code that has broken some JVM internal. Are you
using any native code in your application that didn't come from the
JVM vendor?

I would suspect a JVM bug. What version/platform?

> But unfortunately not allways is appearing this log.
>
> For instance, one of the weekend days the dspace (app) log says
>
> 2015-04-04 04:58:11,029 INFO
> org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.discovery.SidebarFacetsTransformer @
> facets for scope, null: 3 2015-04-04 16:51:49,469 INFO
> org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseUtils @ Loading Flyway DB
> migrations from: filesystem:
>
> It looks like dspace has not generated the exception or the
> problem. Tomcat log only is alive for this date from 16:50. I've
> tried to increase Xmx, Permsize, MaxPermSize, optimize garbage
> collection, etc. In another test I've tried JMeter with 100
> concurrent connections for one hour and no problem...
>
> Any idea about what to continue testing? Thanks a lot in advance

You might want to also ask amongst the Dspace community.