Hi,

I would like to support a bust in traffic we are planning to increase the
umber of threads by adding executor pool with misSpareThread to 100 and
accept count to 50000.  However, I'm trying to understand the correlation
between the tomcat connector acceptCount and ThreadCount to the Linux
config net.core.somaxconn(number of incoming connections) which defaults to
128. Does it makes sense to increase the thread count alone with out
increasing net.core.somaxconn value?

Below is the config that we are planning to use on Tomcat 7.0.42 on Linux
5.x.

<Executor name="tomcatThreadPool"
       namePrefix="tomcat-http-"
       minSpareThreads="100"
       maxThreads="300"/>

<Connector port="8080"
        protocol="HTTP/1.1"
        connectionTimeout="20000"
        redirectPort="8443"
        enableLookups="false"
        keepAliveTimeout="300000"
        maxKeepAliveRequests="1"
        acceptCount="50000"
        socketBuffer="10240"
        executor="tomcatThreadPool"
        compression="on"
        compressableMimeType="text/html, text/xml"
        xpoweredBy="false"
        server="false" />

Any inputs regarding the Tomcat threads and Linux net.core.somaxconn will
be greatly appreciated to support many concurrent connections.

Regards
Satish Jupalli