On 4/30/2015 9:49 AM, Jeffrey Janner wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: George Sexton [mailto:geor...@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:44 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: unable to install tomcat7 on windows 2012 --- getting
access denied

On 4/30/2015 9:40 AM, Jeffrey Janner wrote:
Turn off UAC, run the install, turn back on UAC.
Or, run the command prompt as an administrator and then run the script.
He said he'd already tried that. I've had the UAC decide I'm not an Admin even
when my user ID and/or group was a member of the Local Administrator's group on
the machine. I've even seen it deny admin rights to commands run from and Admin
console session - depending on the command.

The really confusing and annoying thing is this. If you login as Administrator and run a command prompt, you don't get elevated privileges in the shell. You actually have to right click on the command prompt and choose run as Administrator to get elevated privileges. It's retarded, but it's Windows.

--
George Sexton
*MH Software, Inc.*