Hello,

I have an application deployed to a Tomcat 8.0.5 which uses the
ServletContextListener to do something when Tomcat stops. This task takes about
45 seconds. This wasn't a problem until I learned that I could speed up the
Tomcat 8 startup time by parallel instantiation of my webapps by adding the
startStopThreads attribute to the Host tag in the server.xml.

Now, when Tomcat stops, it seems to interrupt or stop my Thread, because it
doesn't print out anything anymore (even a System.out.println isn't shown in
the log so I don't think it is because just log4j is stopped). Why does Tomcat
wait nicely with startStopThreads removed, and why can't he wait when I use
startStopThreads? The behavior of killing webapps the hard way when using
startStopThreads isn't documented also.

Regards,
Daniel Migowski

IKOffice