typesafe config's loader isn't picking up my subproject's reference.conf
from within a .jar file inside a .war file's WEB_INF/lib/ .

typesafe config finds the .jar file outside of tomcat. It works fine from
the .war file's WEB_INF/classes (my hacky fix).

Typesafe config is finding the reference.conf files in other .jar files,
like

jar:file:/opt/shrine/tomcat/webapps/shrine/WEB-INF/lib/akka-actor_2.11-2.3.
8.jar!/reference.conf from class loader WebappClassLoader

The typesafe config developers suggested a class loader problem. Typesafe
configĀ¹s logging reports that it is using the
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader when it finds the
reference.conf in WEB_INF/classes.

Specifically, I'm using a spray-based servlet, and tomcat isn't picking up
the spray.servlet.boot-class . However, all the spray jars are in that
same lib directory, on the classpath, and complaining about the missing
property.

Did I just miss a key piece of the documentation? Is there some extra step
I need to do to help the WebappClassLoader find the reference.conf?

Thanks,

Dave