Hello.

I'm using Tomcat 7.0.with Java 7.0.
I'm trying to create a webapp with needs a client certifiacte
authentification.
Normal client certifiacte authentfication works well and I can compute
the desired certificate data. The clientauth parameter in the https
connector is set to false. In my webapp is a security-constraint
registred for a url space, like  /secure/*.

If authentifications fails, a ugly browser error page occurs. A new
authentification try can only be attempt after reopen the browser.

I already noticed setting server wide clientauth to "want", I receive a
tomcat 401 http error page (which can be customized) if no client
certificate was found on a protected resource. But entering a bad
passphrase shows a ugly browser error page again.

Is there a way to deal with that? I believe the user acceptance will be
low with that behavior.

Best regards Johannes.