David,

On 5/8/15 1:02 PM, David kerber wrote:
> On 5/8/2015 12:48 PM, Peter Rifel wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>> Thanks for the advice but that doesn't seem to help.  It looks
>> like ApplicationContext.getMimeType(String) extracts the
>> extension from the file and uses that in looking up the context's
>> mime mapping. The .xml extension of the file results in the "xml"
>> mime-mapping's mime-type, and the "crossdomain.xml" mime-mapping
>> is never used.
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>
> What if you changed the filename so that "crossdomain.xml" was
> actually an extension:  filename.crossdomain.xml, or something
> similar?

I had expected that crossdomain.xml would already an "extension" of
itself, but it seems that, according to the Servlet Spec, an
"extension" necessarily follows a period in the resource's name.

It's buried a little, but it's a logical result of "extension
mappings" for <url-pattern> being defined as a path with a period and
something following it (i.e. "*.foo").

Sorry for the bad pointer.

- -chris