> From: Kiran Badi [mailto:ki...@poonam.org]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 7.0.57 - Deployment Issue

> for some reasons it's not going well. Its getting deployed as single app
> www.mywebapp1.com\mywebapp2\ rather than 2 seperate sites.

Which is exactly what you configured it to do.

> mywebapp1 is deployed as root.war

That should be ROOT.war; be precise - this is all case-sensitive.

> and I uploaded the webapp2.war in webapps folder and edited server.xml with
> below details,

>  <Host name="www.webapps2.com" appBase="/home/myhostid/tomcat/webapps">
>           <Alias>www.webapps2.com</Alias>
>           <Alias>myhostid.myhost.myhostserver.com</Alias>

An <Alias> element does not create a second site; it merely provides an
alternate name for a given site.  You need multiple <Host> elements if you want
separate sites.  Read these:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/CreateVirtualHosts
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatDevelopmentVirtualHosts

>           <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
> docBase="/home/myhostid/tomcat/webapps/webapps2">

Do not put <Context> elements in server.xml - very bad idea.  Also, the debug
attribute has not be used for nearly a decade.  You really, really need to read
the documentation.

> I did not touch webapp1 app since its deployed as root.war and its working
> fine..

Not with that name, it isn't.

> One more thing, do need have one more connector tag as I see these error on
> catalina logs

> May 11, 2015 7:11:51 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
> SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
> ["http-bio-17701"]
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:17701

You appear to have two <Connector> elements with the same port.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.