On 20.05.2015 08:27, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 19/05/2015 22:25, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
I have a small problem using nginx as a reverse proxy in front of Tomcat 8.. The problem is that sometimes the context url is set to the local ip address of the tomcat server instead of the hostname used to access the nginx server. And I know this can be solved by using proxyname and proxypost but as far as I can see, this can only be configured for the connector port, which make the setting global? Add I run 5 other web applications in the same Tomcat instance so changing this globally is not an option...

Anyway to solve this?

option 1. Configure nginx to set the host header as you wish

option 2. Remote IP Host/Valve (still requires nginx config)

Mark

Thx, was missing the HOST header... And now the url is almost correct... The remaining problem, is that the url looses the scheme used, so it gets redirected to http address instead of https; is that configured in the Tomcat config somewhere or?

BTJ