On 06/22/2015 02:28 PM, David kerber wrote:
Or are you trying to use the database connection information in your tomcat installation, in a standalone java program? I think to do that, you will need to read in the .xml files and parse out the information you want from there.
That's precisely what I wanted to do.
I ended up writing my database information via custom XML schema into another file, then parse that file and create my own DataSource with the Tomcat DataSourceFactory and provide that to
the JNDI of Tomcat.
Then I removed the database configuration in Tomcat and the result is: I now have a central point
of configuration which my program AND Tomcat can use.

Thanks for your response.
I thought maybe I overlooked something and I can access the Naming Resources of a running Tomcat instance
in my program.