You are saying a malicious actor would need to be on the server itself to load
an application?

________________________________
From: André Warnier [a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: [External] Re: CVE-2014-7810 Mitigation

Lynch, Charles [USA] wrote:
> Seeking guidance on mitigation of
> CVE-2014-7810<http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2014-7810> on
> Apache Tomcat 6.0.37. Upgrading to 6.0.43 is not an option for my team at the
> moment, and we need to secure our install via other means until the patch can
> be applied. If there are any workaround that can be provided it would be much
> appreciated. Thank you.

Hi.
Maybe the first thing to ask yourself, is if you are in a situation where you
are really
vulnerable to this vulnerability.
I am not an expert, but from the description, it sounds like this vulnerability
could only
be exploited by someone who has the possibility to load a malicious web
application into
the Tomcat system, and have it be run.
Is that your case ?
See