Paul,

On 7/6/15 9:20 AM, p...@kuruma.co.uk wrote:
> I was really hoping that there would be something tomcat related in
> the WEB-INF\lib folder but nothing, they are all marked as provided
> in the pom file.
>
> There was a mistake in my original post, in tomcat 8.0.23 my
> application does not work with jdk's 1.7.0_09 or 1.8.0_11 so
> basically it doesnt work at all in 8.023 with or without the ## in
> the war file name.
>
> It seems like tomcat is just unable to compile jsp files in this
> version.
>
> Is there anything else I can check or do? I have seen some people
> say they edited the conf/web.xml for the jsp servlet entry, I tried
> setting the params to 1.7 for compilerSourceVM and compilerTargetVM
> but this had no effect.
>
> I am pretty stuck as the tomcat page
> http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html seems to imply
> everything is compatible??

I've seen problems with libraries that use URIs to load files instead
of using the ClassLoader. The problem is that the WAR filename
contains "#" which is an illegal character in a URL. Due to various
escaping, unescaping, re-escaping, etc. it's possible that a certain
combination can result in a file that can't be loaded due to the
illegal character issue.

Can you confirm that your web application otherwise works properly
without the "##" in the filename?

- -chris