From: Sanaullah [mailto:sanaulla...@gmail.com]
Sent: 12/07/2015 1:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Setting SSL in Tomcat 7.0

>>"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool" -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
I don't know whats the output of the above command which run and either its
executed successfully or not

You can follow the below example. I am using linux Machine.

root@ubuntu:/home/sanaullah# keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

Enter keystore password:
Re-enter new password:
What is your first and last name?
  [Unknown]:  PK
What is the name of your organizational unit?
  [Unknown]:  test
What is the name of your organization?
  [Unknown]:  test
What is the name of your City or Locality?
  [Unknown]:
What is the name of your State or Province?
  [Unknown]:
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
  [Unknown]:
Is CN=PK, OU=test, O=test, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown correct?
  [no]:  yes

Enter key password for <tomcat>
        (RETURN if same as keystore password):
root@ubuntu:/home/sanaullah# ls
root@ubuntu:/home/sanaullah# ls /root/.keystore

As i was running the keytool command using root user so the keystore is created
in /root/.keystore. you must find the file somewhere in windows and set its
path in the connector configuration and also set its password

<Connector
           protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
           port="8443" maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
           keystoreFile="${user.home}/.keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

Regards,
Sanaullah