From:   "Yudin, Ilya" <yudi...@nytimes.com>
To:     users@tomcat.apache.org,
Date:   14/07/2015 15:58
Subject:        Command line requests for starting/reloading/stoping
applications are not working in Tomcat 7.0.57 Manager

Hello,

I'm running Apache Tomcat 7.0.57 on RHEL 6.6 servers for CCI NewsGate
editorial system which uses around 20 applications per Tomcat server.
There
is a requirement here (for the reasons of automating administrative tasks)
to enable starting, stoping and reloading individual applications from
Linux command line

I am using your documentation on Apache Tomcat Manager at the following

to achieve that, but the commands do not work as described, even though
Web
GUI Manager works just fine.

I do have appropriate roles for the user added to my
<tomcat>/conf/tomcat-users.xml file:

<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
  <role rolename="manager-script"/>
  <user username="OurName" password="OurSecurePasswd"
roles="manager-gui,manager-script"/>
</tomcat-users>

... and I have re-started Tomcat after adding the manager-script role.

The list command works exactly as described in documentation:

[ngtom@ng-web01 ~]$ curl --user OurName:OurSecurePasswd
http://our.server.fqdn:8080/manager/text/list
OK - Listed applications for virtual host localhost
/manager:running:0:manager
/workschedule:running:0:workschedule
/docs:running:0:docs
/sample:running:348:sample

However when I try to start/stop/reload any of the listed applications I
am
getting the following result:

[ngtom@ng-web01 ~]$ curl --user OurName:OurSecurePasswd
http://our.server.fqdn:8080/manager/text/stop?path=/docs
curl: No match.

I think that I've done everything exactly as shown in the examples given
in
your documentation, but apparently something there or in what I'm doing is
wrong.

Could you please help?

Thanks,
*--*
*Ilya Yudin*

*Systems&Technology**yudi...@nytimes.com*

The Mileage Company Limited is a limited company registered in England under
company number 2260073 whose registered office address is at
Astral Towers, Betts Way, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XY.

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Mimecast
for the presence of computer viruses.