Thanks Chris for the suggestion, but since our application runs in
OSGi, we need a different mechanism for loading classes/plugins lazily
(and our servlet classes need to be loaded using OSGi class loader).
We are using Equinox servletbridge library, which defines a bridge
servlet I mentioned earlier, for delegating requests to our
application servlets, and doing the tedious job of setting the right
class loader and loading application plugins at the right time.

In the long run, we should look into a different way of registering
our OSGi servlets which will allow us to control the async mode of
each servlet independently, but this is not a trivial task, so I am
trying to see if there are any possible workarounds meanwhile.

Any additional feedback or pointers are welcome!

Rilak

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Christopher Schultz