I have been using Tomcat and mySQL for many years in a few different environments. Some of the configurations are using org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver and some are using com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I could even attempt to tell you the history of why I have one driver in some situations and the other driver in other situations. They both appear to be working. However, it would seem to me that one is probably newer and/or preferred over the other. I would like to settle on one driver throughout all environments.

Can someone tell me what the 'right' driver to be using with TC 8 and a fairly recent version of mySQL? If there are reasons why I should use one in certain situations and the other one in other situations, please explain the criteria.

Thanks.

Jerry