Hi

I am using servlets with startAsync to be able to read and write asynchronously.
However from time to time the following is logged:

Aug 25, 2015 5:52:32 PM org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter
asyncDispatch
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception while processing an asynchronous request
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Calling [asyncError()] is not valid for a
request with Async state [MUST_COMPLETE]
        at
org.apache.coyote.AsyncStateMachine.asyncError(AsyncStateMachine.java:348)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.action(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:820)
        at org.apache.coyote.Request.action(Request.java:378)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.AsyncContextImpl.setErrorState(AsyncContextImpl.java:406)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.asyncDispatch(CoyoteAdapter.java:332)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.asyncDispatch(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1709)
        at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:649)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1484)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

There is no code of our own involved so I am wondering if my configuration is
invalid or I am using the servlet in an incorrect way.
I would post some of the code we use here, but it is not really small, so where
would I need to start searching or posting?

Regards,
  Steffen