Hi

> >Is there a way to tell tomcat to stop receiving data for a certain
> >websocket?
> >(Not to close it, but not to read from inputstream for some time.)

> Sorry, no.
> The best you can do is a no-op branch in the  message handler.

Which means I have to either buffer all incoming messages until I am ready to
process them (might occupy lots of memory) or I have to drop them.
Both is not really ideal.

I don’t know, if the websocket specification already defines something, but are
there any plans to implement such a feature?
>From my POV it would be rather easy not to unregister a certain connection in
>the read selector and reregister it later on.
However such an API would need to exposed somehow.

Regards,
   Steffen