I am running TC 8.0.24. It's been stable ever since I installed it. I have been making changes/enhancements to a web app that has been in production for many years. I have now encountered a situation when I request a certain page, the entire Tomcat process dies. Literally, the Windows service is stopped. There are no errors in any of the Tomcat log files. It's like I went to the task manager and killed the process from there. Fortunately it's on a development machine. But I've got to figure this out before I put it on a production machine.

I have been developing web apps for over 15 years. I've obviously had lots of bugs in my code over the years. But I've never encountered a situation where a coding problem caused the entire web app server to die. I'm am pretty much certain that it's something I'm doing in my code to cause it. But in my opinion, no matter what happens in the code, TC shouldn't completely die, correct? So it looks like my bad code has possibly exposed a vulnerability in TC. it's very frustrating and just about impossible to debug when every time I call the page that has the problem, I then have to wait 3-4 minutes after restarting the TC service for it to come back up before I can do anything again. I'm pretty much relegated to table-top visual debug of the code and hope I accidentally see what's wrong. Difficult process at best. I feel like I'm shooting blind.

I guess my question is, do you have any suggestions for anything my code might do that could kill the process? At least it might give me a start at what to look for.

Thanks.

Jerry