On 01/09/2015 08:53, theo.swe...@avios.com wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Tomcat version?
>
> v8.0.21

OK. Fairly recent and no known issues. I'll add session expiration is
testing as part of the 'unit' tests we run after every commit and I
don't ever remember it failing. The same tests are also run before every
release and must pass on multiple platforms before the release is started.

> The usual causes are:
>  - something unexpected accessing the session
>  - the background processing thread is crashed / busy doing something
>    else
>
> Is there a command line mechanism to gracefully terminate sessions?

No, but you can use the Manager app to view session contents and expire
the sessions.

Mark